Doogh (Yogurt Drink)

Summer is hitting Hong Kong hard, and despite it being all sunny and warm on Sunday, I decided that I would make Fesenjan, which is a very warm and hearty winter dish. To counter its heat, I thought I would make a traditional Persian drink to go with it just to help me cool down a bit.


The name of the drink is pretty cute: Doogh, and if you haven't heard of it before, it's pretty similar to a Lassi--the salty, not sweet or fruity, kind. And, well, there's mint in it too, which makes it all the more refreshing and perfect for a hot summer's day!

Ease of Prep Yummy Factor Apprx. Cost
HK$30 (US$4)
Ingredients (6 glasses)
  • 1 carton plain yogurt
  • 3 tbsp dried mint
  • 2 tbsp darar (Persian herb paste; optional)
  • 1 ltr soda water
  • 2 cups ice cubes
  • 1 tbsp salt
Directions
  1. Easy: just mix all of these ingedients things up in a jug, adjust salt to taste, and serve chilled!

Popular Posts